Monday, July 10, 2006

 

More Government Hypocrisy

A U.S. district judge has ruled that sanitizing movies is illegal. Let me get this straight. The FCC can mandate movies be cleaned up before airing on broadcast television, but if I request a cleaned up version of a movie, that's illegal. This cry of artistic integrity by the Director's Guild is a load of _cleaned up_. If it's so important to them, why do they have no problems with the edited versions shown on TV? Oh yea, money trumps artistic integrity.

Comments:
I think what they are saying is that the company releasing the movie should be able to decide what should be removed or changed, and not just some dude.
 
The dude was hired by me to perform a value-added service. Under fair use, I should be allowed to skip chapters in a movie I deem inappropriate. Now, even chapter skipping is illegal unless I get permission from the copyright holder.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?